Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/08/06 16:58:54 UTC

0.2 Planning

What say we start thinking about 0.2?

We've made a lot of improvements and have got some new features to put
out.

I'd like to see the GSOC stuff get in, which will be a nice
improvement.  Also would like to give Sean's stuff a some time to
age.  I'd also like to get the PLSI Pig implementation in and give
that a try.

If people are interested in chipping in, one thing to do would be go
through and mark issues for 0.2 or other versions.

Here's our unresolved against 0.2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseVersion.jspa?id=12310751&versionId=12313278&showOpenIssuesOnly=true

Think we can shoot for some time in September?

-Grant

Re: 0.2 Planning

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I want to get in MAHOUT-158 and supporting changes. That will make
three big-bang changes, and all I have in mind for a while. Nice to
contain the big API breakage into one release. This is basically
ready, so, fine for September.

I think we have to get running fully on Hadoop 0.2x for 0.2 as well.
Beyond that I'd just suggest taking a pass at cleaning up code,
documentation, etc.
Any other features are gravy; wouldn't block this on much else that I
can think of.

So, I'm ready for Mahout 0.2 as of say next week.