Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz> on 2009/11/19 21:26:27 UTC

C3P0 Connection pooling needed?

I am using embedded derby 10.3.

Is there need for C3P0 connection pool software because i am creating lot of
short lived connections to database?

Re: C3P0 Connection pooling needed?

Posted by Brett Wooldridge <br...@gmail.com>.
If you're looking for a transaction aware connection pool, along with
associated JTA transaction manager, I really like Bitronix (open
source).  C3P0 is not transaction aware.

Brett

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Paul French <pa...@kirona.com>.
If running in embedded mode then don't worry too much about it. If in server
mode then yes.

http://www.eset.com