Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Samuel Meder <me...@mcs.anl.gov> on 2004/06/09 23:11:00 UTC

Re: Re: message/transport level security [Re: SOAP streaming and faults, security everywhere and performanceimplications [Re: opinion Axis' future ... [Re: Using SAAJ-1.2 API tomodify the soap header/body content

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 15:13, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> I just browsed their code....No, they don't have WS-SecConv support as
> far as i can tell.

We ended up implementing our own equivalent (for timing and other
reasons). So no, we don't have WS-SecConv. From a protocol performance
perspective the issues should be exactly the same though.

/Sam

> -- dims
>
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:10:37 -0500, Aleksander Slominski
> <as...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > >Do you have a WS-SecConv impl? (open source?)
> > >

> > we looked on Globus Toolkit 3.2 which i think is an early/prototype
> > implementation and i am not sure about its long term status.
> >
> > i am sure that Globus guys will have more definitve answer to that :)
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > alek

> > --
> > The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay

--
Sam Meder <me...@mcs.anl.gov>
The Globus Alliance - University of Chicago