Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Elia Cogodi <el...@tin.it> on 2005/06/16 15:14:19 UTC

Problem with username including the 'at' char

We are installing and configuring SVN for the first time, thus sorry if
the question sounds stupid: we want our users to use svnserve throw ssh
ie type commands in the form

svn ls svn+ssh://sshusername@stuff/stuff/stuff

the trouble is that our ssh usernames are actually ldap usernames and,
for other reasons, are in the form  'a@b'.
Typing

svn ls svn+ssh://a@b@stuff/stuff/stuff

gives a bad URL error from SVN. The first idea was to write it like in
an scp command

svn ls svn+ssh://'a@b'@stuff/stuff/stuff

but again a bad URL error. Single-quoting the whole URL and escaping the
single quotes seems to freak the ssh out...
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

--
Elia Cogodi <el...@tin.it>

Re: Problem with username including the 'at' char

Posted by David Faure <fa...@kde.org>.
On Thursday 16 June 2005 17:14, Elia Cogodi wrote:
> We are installing and configuring SVN for the first time, thus sorry if
> the question sounds stupid: we want our users to use svnserve throw ssh
> ie type commands in the form
>
> svn ls svn+ssh://sshusername@stuff/stuff/stuff
>
> the trouble is that our ssh usernames are actually ldap usernames and,
> for other reasons, are in the form  'a@b'.
> Any suggestions?

Try using a%40b ?