Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by linuxos <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 04:54:33 UTC

Response Time of Http Request

I've just started using JMeter 2.3.2. I created a "Thread Group", added "HTTP
Request Sampler" and "View Results Tree" for my testing.

For calculation of "Response Time" of a request, is it correct to say it's
the "Load time" minus "Latency"?

I can't find the Start Time and End Time! Do they exist in JMeter?

Help!

Re: Response Time of Http Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/test_plan.html#listeners

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#listeners

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.
Are the times still 10000-20000 with one thread?

If not, then that may indicate:
1. High network delays
2. Possible Resource Contention in your server due to multi-threading, etc.

Use tcpdump or some other network analysis tool to confirm the times are high. You should be able to deduce where the discrepancy is coming from

Regards,
Noel

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/04/2009, linuxos <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  In the Sampler result, I don't know why the "Load time" and "Latency" are
>  often over 10000 and sometimes over 20000, but the actual time per request
>  should be 2-4 seconds if run in browser.
>
>  My "Thread Properties":
>  Number of Threads (users): 5
>  Ramp-Up Period (in seconds): 0
>  Loop Count: 1

Unless the test plan contains a loop controller or lots of samples, a
Thread Group loop count of 1 is not going to reach steady state.

>  If "Load time" is divided by "Number of Threads", then I think the result is
>  reasonable.  Did I set something wrong?

Not sure why you would want to divide load time by thread count - what
does that show?

Posted by linuxos <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.

Posted by linuxos <li...@gmail.com>.