Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Christian Brensing <ho...@gmx.de> on 2001/12/05 11:57:20 UTC

Wrong tld-filename in utility.jar

Hi,

I found a minor defect in the directory structure of the utiliy.jar file.
The tag library descriptor in the directory /META-INF is named utilty.tld
instead of taglib.tld.

I took a look into the build.xml file and I guess I found the problem:

<!-- Compile the tag library itself -->
  <target name="library" depends="prepare">
    <copy file="${conf.src}/${taglib.name}.tld"
              tofile="${build.library}/META-INF/${taglib.name}.tld"/>
    <javac srcdir="${library.src}" destdir="${build.library}"
           classpath="${servlet.jar}" debug="on"/>
  </target>

I propose to replace the copy command with the following line:

<copy file="${conf.src}/${taglib.name}.tld"
              tofile="${build.library}/META-INF/taglib.tld"/>

Greetings,

Christian

http://www.gmx.net

Re: Wrong tld-filename in utility.jar

Posted by horwat <Ju...@Sun.com>.
In JSP 1.1, tld in a jar file had to be called exactly META-INF/taglib.tld.

In JSP 1.2, the container can now accept tlds in the jar file's META-INF
directory as long as they end with the .tld extension. This way you can have
more than one tag library in a jar file.

Justy