Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2001/03/02 20:26:30 UTC

Re: More on JServ to Tomcat

"Brett W. McCoy" wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Duck-Jin Chun wrote:
>
> > I recently migrated from JServ to Tomcat as well.  The migration was
> > smooth, and I'm now working with the latest servlet spec... but I found
> > JServ to be more stable.
> >
> > Anyway... to answer your question, try putting the following in your
> > web.xml file:
> >     <servlet>
> >         <servlet-name>CallClient</servlet-name>
> >
> > <servlet-class>com.company.clients.commpilot.servlets.CallClient</servle
> > t-class>
> >     </servlet>
> >     <servlet-mapping>
> >         <servlet-name>CallClient</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>/CallClient</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> >
> > In general, the "Java Servlet Specification" is a good reference for the
> > format of the web.xml file.
>
> Yep, I found what I needed in the JServ docs, actually.  Some of the
> terminology has changed between JServ and Tomcat.  I think a migration doc
> (and tools) would be very handy to have.

<ApacheCon Advertisement>
I am doing a session at ApacheCon next month in Santa Clara that highlights the
important issues of migrating from Apache JServ to Tomcat.
</ApacheCon Advertisement>

> -- Brett
>                                      http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/

Craig

Re: More on JServ to Tomcat

Posted by "Brett W. McCoy" <bm...@chapelperilous.net>.
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> <ApacheCon Advertisement>
> I am doing a session at ApacheCon next month in Santa Clara that highlights the
> important issues of migrating from Apache JServ to Tomcat.
> </ApacheCon Advertisement>

Dang, probably won't be there.  And my deadline to have this done is in 2
weeks.  Is there any way to get a trascription or any handouts form your
session?

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Do not believe in miracles -- rely on them.