Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by David Byttow <da...@google.com> on 2008/08/21 21:30:48 UTC

JIRA Issue 478: Client-side implementation of OpenSocial Templates

Hi shindig-dev,

As you may know, Lev Epshteyn and I have been working on a prototype
implementation of the OpenSocial Templates spec.

I wanted to give a heads up that there is a JIRA
issue<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-478>that is still
pending. It is a first-pass, client-side implementation of the
OpenSocial Templates spec that has been ongoing. I am hoping for a committer
to review and help get this in.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-478

The patch itself is quite large, but I think it would be good to get in for
the community can iterate on and begin writing their own templates. Unit
tests will also quickly follow the patch.

Here are some relevant links:

   - Demo application with samples (http://www.ostemplates-demo.appspot.com)
   - OpenSocial Templates spec/discussion wiki (
   http://wiki.opensocial-templates.org)
   - Implementation details of this prototype (
   http://wiki.opensocial-templates.org/index.php?title=OpenSocial_Template_Prototype_Implementation
   )

Thanks.
David