Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Christian Mailer (Apache-Support)" <ap...@bmw.de> on 2008/06/24 11:11:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 support for huge files (>2 GB) on 64 bit platform

Hi,

my current state of information is that to allow serving huge files on a
32 bit system I need to:
- set compile time flags "D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE" AND "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
- set LimitRequestBody to a high enough value

Are the compile switches necessary on a 64 bit platform as well?

Thanks for any help.
Christian

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 support for huge files (>2 GB) on 64 bit platform

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 24.06.08 11:11, Christian Mailer (Apache-Support) wrote:
> my current state of information is that to allow serving huge files on a
> 32 bit system I need to:
> - set compile time flags "D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE" AND "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
> - set LimitRequestBody to a high enough value
>
> Are the compile switches necessary on a 64 bit platform as well?

AFAIK, if you have 64bit OS, 64bit access is used by default.
That may of course differ from platform - 64bit platform can run 32-bit OS
(with or without 64bit support)

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".