Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2011/11/02 07:13:17 UTC

Re: discussion: party preference and user(loginId) preference (final proposal?)

After the discussion in this mailing list we had, the following is proposed:

1. rename the UserPreference entity to Preference
2. rename the userLoginId in this entity to preferenceId
3. create a UserLoginPreference entity to link the preference to the
userLoginId
4. create a PartyPreference entity to link the preference to the partyId
5. adjust existing services that they are still working as before
6. create conversion programs to be able to upgrade.

this proposal will enable to link the preference to any other entity
where needed.

candidates:
WebUserPreference
<https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/view/entityref_main#WebUserPreference>

PartyAcctgPreference
<https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/view/entityref_main#PartyAcctgPreference>
PayrollPreference

and perhaps more.....

regards,
Hans
http://antwebsystems.com

Re: discussion: party preference and user(loginId) preference (final proposal?)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
1st propostion seems more powerful and especially less constrained

Jacques

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.