Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2018/01/25 17:58:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Sentry roadmap after 2.0

Now that we have Sentry 2.0 release, I think it is a good time to step back
from fixing bugs and immediate problems and start discussions on roadmap
for Sentry going forward. Do we want to just keep it as is and improve
things here and there or we want to add new features?

What do people think?

- Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Sentry roadmap after 2.0

Posted by Stephen Moist <mo...@cloudera.com>.
Sure here, you go
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2137 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2137>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2138 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2138>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2139 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2139>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2140 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-2140>

I’ll leave the access control on database operations to someone else who knows more about that.

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
Stephen - can you formulate these in JIRAs so we can add these to the
roadmap?

Posted by Stephen Moist <mo...@cloudera.com>.
A few things come to mind.

Posted by Na Li <li...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Na Li <li...@cloudera.com>.
Sasha,

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
Lina - would it make sense to create uber-JIRA for ULP, mark it with
"roadmap" keyword and start putting some of these as subtasks?

Posted by Na Li <li...@cloudera.com>.
Sasha,

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
I don't think there exists a user-level privileges doc yet.
I can commit to finish the default owner privileges and submit a spec doc
for the changes we can do to finish it soon.

Anyone else likes to commit to user-level?

Btw, I'd like to lower Sentry 2.1 to 1 or 2 features so that we have a
release sooner? since Sentry 2.0 was released back in November 2017, it
should be good to have another release soon with fewer features
ideas?

- Sergio

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.