Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sa...@women-at-work.org on 2005/03/14 22:48:06 UTC

Where to call _RootDAO.initialize()

Hello everyone!

Trying to use the Hyberclipe generated classes within my tapestry
application.....

Where do I call _RootDAO.initialize() ?

And when do I need to call it? Only when the whole web applications
is starting up?

So far the database layer was simple and taken from an old example:

A static class called ConnectionService and once called Persistance Service.

Example:

public static String getHomepage(int uid, String uname, String domain) {

String value = null;
Connection conn = ConnectionService.getConnection();
try {
	String query = "select homepage from fb_homepages where uid=? and
approved='y'";

	PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement(query);
	stmt.setInt(1, uid);
	ResultSet result = stmt.executeQuery();

			if (result.next()) {
				value = result.getString(1);
			}

		}

		catch (SQLException ex) {
			ConnectionService.closeConnection(conn);
		}

		ConnectionService.closeConnection(conn);

		if (value == null) {
			value = "http://".concat(domain).concat("/").concat(uname);
		}
		return value;
	}

How would it look ilke with a Hiberclipse/Hibernate Synchronizer generated
class with http://www.binamics.com/hibernatesync ?

Within a test class I could access it like that:

_RootDAO.initialize();
HomepagesDAO dao = new HomepagesDAO();
List homepages = dao.find("from Homepage as homepage ....");

And can I genereally just access those classes like that or do I need to
care about sessions, transactions and factories too?

Re: Where to call _RootDAO.initialize()

Posted by Alexey Romanchuk <ui...@gorodok.net>.
Hola!

sswawo> Hello everyone!

sswawo> Trying to use the Hyberclipe generated classes within my tapestry
sswawo> application.....

sswawo> Where do I call _RootDAO.initialize() ?

usually a call in in my servlet class in init function. another way is
call it in static area.

                       Alexey Romanchuk