Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Yongqin Xu <yo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/07 19:23:10 UTC

Send and Receive issues of James 2.2

I just started using James 2.2 as a local mail server
for some testing purpose in Win XP SP2 with JDK 1.5.03

So far, I have 2 issues:
1. Every time after starting the server, I run my test
java program that send a mail, then receive the mail.
The very first message never get read out from receive
call. then run my test program again, this time, it
got 2 mail together. After these 2 initial "warm up"
runs, all subsequent tests are normal, which send one
and get one back. Sounds wierd?  My config.xml is
quite basic, only changes is DNS IP.

2. I setup James 2.2 at my linux box with hostname and
static IP. I configured the DNS ip as well. I tried to
use my java test program send a mail to my yahoo.com
account from inside my working company. With "debug"
on, I can see there is no internal error and email
address is valid as well. But I never get mail in my
yahoo.com.
I guess either my config was not right, or security
constraints, or something like.

My above java test program is based on Java Mail API
1.3
from Sun's impl.

Are these issues faily common to you guys?

thanks