Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "DICKERSON, MICHAEL" <md...@att.com> on 2012/12/14 20:48:38 UTC

Can anyone help

I am posting a dump I got from an application that uses Derby and JBoss. Can anyone help with why it is running out of memory...or where to look? I am thinking it has something with Derby but have no experience with it.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Can anyone help

Posted by david myers <da...@gmail.com>.
There seem to be a fair number of blocked threads, that hit just before
a 'socket' thread. So maybe the memory is filling up due to being unable
to offload the work over the communication to the underlying DB?

Is the DB you connect to embeded or on a networked server?

If you are on a network server it could be the server is being
'overloaded' in some way, and forcing incoming requests to wait.

Is there any way to turn on error messaging in the app ? if so it may help.

Otherwise maybe starting it from the CLI may help, and capturing any output.

Have you also posted to JBoss (although I have no real experience of
JBoss, sorry), do they have any suggestions?

David.

ps. probably the silly question is how much memory do you have, and have
you tried having a look at the processes to see if the JVM it is eating
up all the memory.

Re: Can anyone help

Posted by Peter Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.