Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Aaron Freeman <aa...@sendthisfile.com> on 2012/06/25 05:28:55 UTC

James 3.0 - beta 4 Date/Time Problem

I just sent an email to myself.  It was 21:22 (9:22 PM) when I sent it.  I
received it immediately after sending it.

The date in the Received header is incorrect, but the Date: header is
correct.  So Outlook displays it incorrectly in its list of incoming email,
but when you view the email itself, it looks correct.

I have noticed it doesn't EVER handle PM correctly -- so in the morning, the
emails work properly because it's AM, but in the evening all email still
gets listed as AM.

I can think of two ways this might happen:

1) The Received: field is always missing the AM/PM.

... or ...

2) Whatever is created the Received header expects a 24 hour number and is
always getting a 12 hour number with AM/PM and it's ignoring the PM (pure
speculation on my part as to if that's what is happening, but that's a good
description of the problem).

Here is an example of an email in error:

From: "Aaron Nospam" <aa...@no-spam.com>
To: <aa...@no-spam.com>
Subject: test
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 21:22:47 -0500

Is there anywhere in the system or any options I could change to fix this?
What's weird is I believe we are running James 3.0 beta 4 on another box and
we don't have this problem on that one -- I'll need to verify it's beta 4
and not beta 3 to be sure though.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron

RE: James 3.0 - beta 4 Date/Time Problem

Posted by Aaron Freeman <aa...@sendthisfile.com>.
We pulled down 3.0 beta 5 and rolled it in and tested ... timestamp now
working great!

Thanks a ton!

Aaron

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.