Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <ly...@ssmb.com> on 2001/05/31 15:34:06 UTC

Slightly OT

Not quite belonging here perhaps, but its a little sad to see this

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/compatibility.html

list without a single open-source product on the list?

ISSUES WITH MSSOAP Client and APACHESoap

Posted by Ricky Cardozo <Ri...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Soapers

I am trying to run an example I got from the SOAP User List and the scenario
is as follow:

1.There is a WebService in tomcat written using Java. It was deployed using
a deployment descriptor instead using the admin page that comes along with
soap.

2. There is a WSDL file describing the services that are implemented in
tomcat.
3. The service basically offer string operations. (concatenation, to upper,
to lower)
4. There is a VB client accesing the service.
5. When trying to work with Strings there is allways an exception like :
    "Soap Fault:
     [SOAP-ENV:Client]
     No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':s1' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
6. When working with an array of strings, the client runs perfectly with out
any problem.

I am sending you a zip file with the source code. I will appreciate very
much if any of you can help with this issue if you are not busy and you
don't mind
of course.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Cyber

PD. In the zip file you will find a java client as well... it works fine...
so I am realizing now that the WSDL file maybe is not the problem...

Thanks