Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Israel <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/21 01:31:41 UTC

Crawl atom, rss, xml .... I need any plugin extra?

Hello, I tried to indexer these pages that use xml, rss, atom or inclusive
rdf or the respective format ..... but errors occur, I download the "parse
xml " plugin but I don't how to use this.

I index this pages:

http://cnx.org/lenses/ccotp/endorsements/atom
http://ocw.nd.edu/courselist/rss
http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/file.php/1/learningspace.xml

I need any plugin? I tried with rss and feed... and how do I configure the
files "crawl-urlfilter" *. txt and seed (web addresses ).... if I could
please send to my mail if you have some plugin .... Thank you.

I've searched hours and hours in the web...and I don't have answer

Re: Crawl atom, rss, xml .... I need any plugin extra?

Posted by Volli <il...@web.de>.
Concerning page
academicearth.rss

Its header is not declared correctly by their webserver.
That's the reason why Firefox/Opera/SRWare Iron and Nutch
are interpreting it as Content-Type:text/plain. Firefox
falls back into Quirks-mode. Only IE8/Safari are displaying
a "normal feed page".
Feed-validator @ w3c did validation but threw a "text/plain"
warning.

I made a "Save file as academicearth.rss" to DOCROOT of my
webserver and page was displayed correctly in all browsers
(Content-Type:text/xml, application/xhtml+xml, standards
compliant mode, "normal feed page").
Feed-validator @ w3c: no warning concerning Content-Type.

Ask their admin

Re: nutch crawler ignores query string url like "...a.php?b=com_x&c=y" - SOLVED

Posted by Israel <we...@gmail.com>.
thanks volley.........you rule jajaja

Re: nutch crawler ignores query string url like "...a.php?b=com_x&c=y" - SOLVED

Posted by Volli <il...@web.de>.
Because some characters were replaced by dots in my last post:
"OR CHANGE:" in words:
Remove question mark and equals sign.

I don't know if the remaining charcaters are allowed ones in
a query string. Possibly a stupid solution.

Am 24.08.2010 23:17, schrieb Volli:
> I think it's the query string exclusion in files
> conf/regex-urlfilter.txt or conf/crawl-urlfilter.txt:
>
> FIND:
> # skip URLs containing certain characters as probable
> queries, etc.
> -[?*!@=]
>
> REPLACE:
> # skip URLs containing certain characters as probable
> queries, etc.
> # -[?*!@=]
>
> OR CHANGE:
> # -[?*!@=]
> -[*!@]

&gt;

Posted by Volli <il...@web.de>.

Posted by Israel <we...@gmail.com>.
Great Volly  .. thank you very much, saludos...Israel

Re: Crawl atom, rss, xml .... I need any plugin extra?

Posted by Volli <il...@web.de>.
Addendum to my last post:

After, i've read my own post: All crawls worked with parser
parse-html. I think, you don't need to update Nutch.

If not:
==>TODO1<==
In conf/parse-plugins.xml:

--FIND:
<mimeType name="text/xml">
<plugin id="parse-html" />
<plugin id="parse-rss" />
<plugin id="feed" />
</mimeType>

--REPLACE WITH:
<mimeType name="text/xml">
<plugin id="parse-html" />
<plugin id="parse-rss" />
<plugin id="feed" />
</mimeType>
<mimeType name="application/xml">
<plugin id="parse-html" />
</mimeType>
==>TODO1-end<==

Posted by Volli <il...@web.de>.

Page - http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/file.php/1/learningspace.xml:

Posted by Israel <we...@gmail.com>.
to put this:
Added to "parse-plugins.xml"

2010/8/21 Israel <we...@gmail.com>

> 2010/8/21 Israel <we...@gmail.com>
>

>> Thanks for your help, plese help me with this
>>
>> Hello, i download the parse plugin from: "
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-185", and i don't know where
>> put this:
>>

>>> Added to "parse-plugins.xml"
>>>
>>> <mimeType name="application/xml">
>>>
>>> <plugin id="parse-html" />
>>>
>>> <plugin id="parse-rss" />
>>>
>>> <plugin id="feed" />
>>>
>>> </mimeType>

to put this:

Added to "parse-plugins.xml"

Posted by Israel <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Israel <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Volli <il...@web.de>.
Nutch 1.1.

I tested just with
"http://cnx.org/lenses/ccotp/endorsements/atom"

I added to property "plugin.includes" in "nutch-site.xml"

"...parse-(text|html|js|tika|pdf|rss)|feed|..."

(see added "rss" and "feed"; I don't know which one did it).

Added to "parse-plugins.xml"

<mimeType name="application/xml">

<plugin id="parse-html" />

<plugin id="parse-rss" />

<plugin id="feed" />

</mimeType>

and to "regex-urlfilter.txt"

"

+^http://cnx.org/lenses/ccotp/endorsements/atom

# skip everything else

-.

"

---------
If you use the runbot-script at
"http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Crawl":

Created a directory "urls" added a text-file with

"http://cnx.org/lenses/ccotp/endorsements/atom" in it.

configured the runbot-script and started the script with

"sh runbot"

  and got the page indexed.