Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kresimir (Binsco)" <kr...@binsco.com> on 2001/04/04 20:17:39 UTC

tomcat in comb. with apache randomly rejecting requests

Hi,

I have already posted this quesion, but maybe I have not given enough detail.
Please help as this is getting very frustrating.

Ok, this is the problem briefly:

Very randomly when we try to submit the request to tomcat (that is working with
apache) we get the error message from the browser: "This page cannot be accesses... etc..."
If we try to re-submit the request just few seconds after, clicking the same submit
button ... it will work.
Sometimes it will work first time too. Actually it will reject request maybe one out of
three times, the slower the connection (I think) the more likely rejection is.

Ok, these are the details.

The application is a shopping cart and when user is submitting items to the cart, there is no
problems. In this case we submit to regular http (not secure), and in the request there
is only couple of values.
After that, there is a page with the credit card and order information with about 20 or so
fields, now this is https protocol we submit to. This is when the problem occurs, this
page with 20 or so values, and using https will reject randomly. If you try to submit again once
you were rejected, it will go through...
This does not happen with netscape at ALL, but with Internet Explorer only.
The .jsp that request is submitted to reads those 20 properties into the bean, using
property *

Also, if we run tomcat only, locally (without apache), so if we submit to localhost:8080,
this will not happen. This happens only when we submit over the net using apache,
but then again we do not use https when using localhost.

Please help, any info is EXTREMELY appreciate as we've been poking around for
weeks now. If you need more information or the url to the actual application please let us
know.

Thank you.