Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "smolki81 Gazeta.pl" <sm...@gazeta.pl> on 2008/07/24 13:16:21 UTC

Why svn marks all touched files as readonly after each operation? How to disable it?

Every time I do commit or checkout on some files, they are marked in my
working copy as readonly. It is unconvenient for me to unmark readonly
status on each file after each SVN operation, so I seek for some way to
disable this behavior. Since I didn't found any clues on documentation
(according to it, files should not me marked as readonly, but I'm new to
SVN so don't really know), maybe some of you feels the same as me and found
solution?
I'm using windows svn client 1.4.6 version. I installed Tortoise, and it
seems to mark all touched files as readonly too, just as svn client. I
installed standard svn server, and checked visualsvn server, still, the
behavior remains the same. Checked on two different PCs, with two different
versions of Windows.
So how can I configure svn client (or Tortoise, or whatever) to not to mark
files on working copy as readonly after each commit or update? I believe it
was introduced for purpose, but I do not see the point, and it only trouble
me.

I'm new to Subversion and this list, so please be forgiving.

Thank you,
Michal

Re: Why svn marks all touched files as readonly after each operation? How to disable it?

Posted by Eric Lee <er...@myprojects.srhost.info>.
Hi,

Can you check the wc folder you are in ?

Right click the wc folder and choose property to see
the readonly checkbox was selected or not.

If so, unselected it and apply, on a dialog it pop-up.
Click apply to files and all files and folders option.

Also, you may also need up one more level and do this same check.

Wish this help.
Eric,

Get subversion, phpBB 3
http://svnbook.red-bean.com
http://myprojects.srhost.info
eric[at]myprojects[dot]srhost[dot]info
Posted by "smolki81 Gazeta.pl" <sm...@gazeta.pl>.
Eric Lee - what I have to do after each commit or update, is unmarking
read-only property from files. I wish to avoid that time-consuming and
unneeded task.

 Thanks Ryan, but no, there are no properties at all. We do not use locks,
and don't want to use. We have all settings at default.
 If you have never experienced that problem, I don't know what to think. I
was sure it is a standard, default option, and I just can't find how to
disable it.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.