Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Ken Geis <kg...@speakeasy.org> on 2002/12/07 21:40:11 UTC

JCS not spooling

Hi.  I have been using stratum JCS and recently switched to JCS 1.0.
I'm having problems getting it working though.  I have a memory cache
that should spill over into a disk cache but it does not seem to.

To show my element attributes:

DEBUG - Constructed cache with name stocks and cache attributes: [
useLateral = true, useRemote = true, useDisk = true, maxObjs = 10 ]

This cache is eternal.  Eventually I get the following messages:

DEBUG - In memory limit reached, spooling
DEBUG - About to spool to disk cache, map size: 10, max objects: 10,
items to spool: 2
DEBUG - spoolToDisk done for: 14828 on disk cache[0]
DEBUG - removing node 14828
DEBUG - spoolToDisk done for: 899 on disk cache[0]
DEBUG - removing node 899
DEBUG - After spool map size: 10

So the logs show that spooling is working, but the disk cache file never
grows and I eventually run out of memory.

Any clues?

Thanks,

	Ken Geis