Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2008/01/09 19:43:00 UTC

RE: web.xml configured correctly, but still getting '404...resource not found'

> From: cuco2772 [mailto:poaa27@gmail.com]
> Subject: web.xml configured correctly, but still getting
> '404...resource not found'

What's in the logs?

> Then I shutdown tomcat and restarted it.

Are you using a real Tomcat, or some 3rd-party repackaged (i.e., broken)
version?

> Would adding my webapp directory, ie cucoweb/classes, to my
> CLASSPATH help ?

Absolutely not.  Never, never add webapp libraries to the classpath.

> I'm in ubuntu, when I do echo $CLASSPATH, I get :
> .:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/lib:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/imq/lib/:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/jre/lib

Other than the current directory (.), none of that stuff should be on
the CLASSPATH variable.  In fact, it's best just to completely eliminate
the CLASSPATH variable - it causes a lot more trouble than it was ever
worth.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: web.xml configured correctly, but still getting '404...resource not found'

Posted by cuco2772 <po...@gmail.com>.
I did touch web.xml and it worked. Weird. Of course if I restart tomcat it
wont work again.
Its the latest tomcat 6.0.14. The tomcat error logs are posted in the above
reply.