Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Marijn Somers <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/16 17:54:01 UTC

Problems installing FORREST on winXP machine

hi,

we are trying to install APACHE FORREST on our winXP machine, but somehow it
doesn't start..

we downloaded the source v0.70
- latest JAVA JRE is installed
- we made a new system variable called FORREST_HOME
 path : C:\Documents and Settings\pp\Escritorio\apache-
forrest-0.7%FORREST_HOME%\bin

when we type forrest -projecthelp in our cmd window it says it doens't find
the specified route..

any idees to what we do wrong ?

greetings,

Marijn Somers

Re: Problems installing FORREST on winXP machine

Posted by Addi <ad...@rocktreesky.com>.
Hi Marijn,

If you have  FORREST HOME set properly (like this: C:\Documents and
Settings\pp\Escritorio\apache-forrest-0.7), then you only need
%FORREST_HOME%\bin in your PATH variable.

So you should have:
FORREST HOME = C:\Documents and Settings\pp\Escritorio\apache-forrest-0.7
PATH = all-of-your-other-path-stuff;%FORREST_HOME%\bin

Let us know if that helps.

Addi