Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/12 19:17:47 UTC

Secretary workbench processes emeritus requests

I'd like to discuss how to integrate secretary workbench with the roster emeritus process that now is in production.

To recap: members who wish to go emeritus either

- navigate to the documents site, download, print, sign, scan, and email an emeritus request to secretary or
-navigate to roster __self__ page, double click Member status, and click (request emeritus status) or
- send email to secretary stating that they no longer have access to foundation records and wish to go emeritus

The above results in a file being placed in documents/emeritus-requests-received which pends for 10 days.

After 10 days, secretary navigates to roster/memberid, verifies that there is a valid emeritus request, double clicks on Member status and clicks (move to emeritus).

While the above is ok, it might be useful for secretary to be able easily to tell that there is an emeritus request pending. So I'm proposing a change to workbench.

High level view: the index page, in addition to displaying incoming messages, also displays emeritus requests that are pending. The request could be formatted thus:
Timestamp         From                Subject
<date of request> Full Name of Member <date of 10 days later>

The <date of request> would be a link to roster/memberid that would display a new page, not the workbench page. The request could be displayed the next time workbench is refreshed following receipt of the request, or could be displayed only after 10 days have elapsed. The message.status would indicate the "message" is an emeritus-request-not-ready-for-processing or emeritus-request-ready-for-processing with an appropriate visual cue.

There is enough information available from svn to calculate the dates:
%svn list --verbose emeritus-requests-received/clr.txt
56601 clr              4413 Jul 10  2020 clr.txt
Timestamp         From                Subject
Jul 10 2020       Craig L Russell     emeritus rescission period ends Jul 20 2020

After secretary processes the request, closing the window would return to the secretary workbench.

WDYT?

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Secretary workbench processes emeritus requests

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 10:44, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 at 22:54, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The emeritus requests listing file now includes the epoch of the file,
> > > so there is no need for credentials.
> >
> > The documents directory in svn needs credentials for read access.
>
> But not for determining the age, which is what I thought you wanted to
> calculate.

> > > Which code are you referring to?
> >
> >  new f4222f6  Add epochs for emeritus request listings
> >
> > The new epoch code. There is now code to tell how old an emeritus request is.
> >
> > Were you going to integrate this into the workbench tool? What is the intent of the new code?
>
> If you look at the committer display, it shows the age of any emeritus request.
> I thought that would be a useful start.
>
> I had not considered how to make use of it in the workbench.
> I think your idea of adding entries to the mail listing would be more
> convenient than having a separate page for it.

Done

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
[...]

The EmeritusFiles.client_headers code needs to have some context for credentials. Where does Mailbox.client_headers get its own credentials?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Sounds reasonable so far to me from a UI standpoint.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>