Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Christopher A. Brooks (NetRPG Webmaster)" <we...@netrpg.com> on 2000/09/14 06:36:25 UTC

Superscripts/Subscripts

Hi all,

    I don't know a whole lot about the XSL-FO spec, but going through it I
saw no information on superscripting/ subscripting (while there seemed to be
a fair bit of information on other text decoration).  Am I to assume I just
need to define another block with my superscript/subscript numbers in it?
(In a smaller font and different layout?)  Or is there another good way to
do it....?

    Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher A. Brooks, NetRPG

Email: webmaster@netrpg.com
Web: http://www.netrpg.com/webmaster/

Re: Superscripts/Subscripts

Posted by "Christopher A. Brooks" <we...@netrpg.com>.
Sebastian,

> eg
>     <fo:inline vertical-align="sub" font-size="8pt">
>       <xsl:apply-templates/>
>     </fo:inline>
>
> sebastian

Is this implemented in FOP already?  I tried something similar to the above
and it didn't work FOP gave me a warning "unknown formatting object inline",
and I didn't see either fo:inline nor the vertical-align attribute listed on
the fop implemented page at http://xml.apache.org/fop/implemented.html.
Suggestions on how to do a subscript?

Regards,

Chris