Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Penumarthi Durga Prasad Chowdary <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/18 04:49:13 UTC

Reg : kafka state store HA

Hi ,
   Working on kafka-streams to process data & stored into
state-store(stored into local file system & changelog topic as well).Two
streams instances are started for HA & performance improvement ,then
streams are re-balanced the topic partition to process. Here we are facing
issue with state-store data , here two stream instances have their own
individual state-stores and those are not in sync(local file system), but
in sync with changelog topic . So *when querying on state-store data, it's
not giving results*.
I read this article
https://tech.transferwise.com/achieving-high-availability-with-kafka-streams/
,
added  num.standby.replicas  as 1 & 2 , but it's couldn't resolve the issue.
Is there a way to overcome this issue?

Thanks & Regards
Durga Prasad

--

Thank's&Regard's,
Prasad,

Re: Reg : kafka state store HA

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Not exactly sure what your code does. But note, that state stores are
sharded and you need to query the right shard (ie, instance).

I would recommend to read:
https://www.confluent.io/blog/unifying-stream-processing-and-interactive-queries-in-apache-kafka/

There is also a blog post that explains it:
https://www.confluent.io/blog/unifying-stream-processing-and-interactive-queries-in-apache-kafka/

Last, there is a Kafka Summit talk:
https://www.confluent.io/kafka-summit-sf17/Interactive-Queries-in-Kafka-Streams-API

Hope this helps.