Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jerome Yang <je...@pivotal.io> on 2016/09/19 03:04:48 UTC

In cloud mode, using implicit router. Leader changed, not available to index data, and no error occurred.

Hi all,

The situation is:
Three hosts, host1, host2, host3. Solr version 6.1 in cloud mode. 8 solr
nodes on each host.

Create a collection using implicit router. Execute index and delete index.
The collection works fine.
Then kill 3 nodes, some of shards change leader.
Then index data to new leaders of shards, and commit. But some of shards
still has 0 documents. And no error occurred.
By checking the log on that leader replica, it did receive the update
request and processed. No error found in the log.

After restart all nodes, everything works fine.

This is a serious bug I think.
Can you confirm it's a bug or not?

Regards,
Jerome

Re: In cloud mode, using implicit router. Leader changed, not available to index data, and no error occurred.

Posted by Jerome Yang <je...@pivotal.io>.
That shard did receive update request, because it shows in the log.
And also commit request.
But no documents indexed.

Posted by Jerome Yang <je...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.