Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/06/20 18:05:30 UTC

JDK1.4_02 Stability?

Hi all,

I have been faced with one of those really scary stablity bugs..  I recently
upgraded a server to jdk1.4_02.  My major app worked fine, however I
discovered that when tomcat/turbine was processing and sucking up all the
memory, it would kill my IIS and SMTP services on the Win2K box it was on.

I ended up moving my application to a newer/bigger box, and performance wise
things have been great.  I set tomcat to be able to use up to 300mb of
memory, and figured everything was going to be hunky dory.

However, after they started using the server for real, users started to
complain that periodically they would submit a page, and get a "server/DNS"
not found.  This is an intermittent problem, but over time becomes more
common..

Has anyone else seen this?  I am tempted to uninstall everything and start
over, but want to wait on such drastic action.

My environment is T2.3 from a month ago, Tomcat 4.1.24, jdk1.4_02 and Win2K.

Thanks,
Eric Pugh