Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Lars Preben S. Arnesen" <l....@usit.uio.no> on 2003/02/13 16:30:38 UTC

Newbie problems with Velocity integration

I'm considering to start using Velocity for my servlets, but I have
some trouble getting started. I already have a maven project with some
servlets and I tried to integrate one of the Velocity examples
(servlet_example1) into the project. Basically I copied the entire
servlet into the maven project and deployed it.

When accessing the servlet with a browser, this is the only generated
html I get:

The log says:

SampleServlet : template not found org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'sample.vm'

I get this error regardless of where I store the template file
(sample.vm). I even tried to copy it to every directory in the
deployed war-file (in the Tomcat webapp directory) just to get it to
work, but with no success.

In what directory should I put the template file? I'm quite sure it
should be placed in one of the webapp's directories...

PS: Please reply to me directly since I'm not currently subscribing to
the mailinglist.

--
Lars Preben