Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Thomas R. Corbin" <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 21:08:51 UTC

Channel was inactive for too long/Durable consumer is in use for client

I'm using 5.1.0 with durable topics and durable messages.  I'm using the derby
persistence and have removed all the derby persistence stores just prior to
starting my processes.

I'm assuming I've got something configured poorly, I just don't know what.

When I run one server process with an embedded broker and it tries to connect
to my central office broker, I get the following from the server process....

==================
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive for
too long: oms9/127.0.0.2:61616
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMonitor.java:225)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(TransportFilter.java:83)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNegotiator.java:100)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
com.coned.damage.assign.ReceivedDamageAssignmentConsumer
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicRegion.addConsumer(TopicRegion.java:75)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConsumer(RegionBroker.java:383)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(BrokerFilter.java:85)
        at
org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConsumer(AdvisoryBroker.java:83)
======================

Re: Channel was inactive for too long/Durable consumer is in use for client

Posted by "Thomas R. Corbin" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Friday 03 October 2008, Thomas R. Corbin said:
> On Friday 03 October 2008, Bruce Snyder said:
> > On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Thomas R. Corbin
> > <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > What is the URI you're using in the embedded broker to connect to the
> > > remote broker?
> > >
> > > Just the Async/Durable consumer in use error show above, but I'm
> > > including the full thing.
> >
> > This error is telling you that there's already an active durable
> > consumer using that client id and subscription name. ActiveMQ doesn't
> > allow this because the client id should be unique.
>
> Ah, it's using the name of the class as the subscription name.   And that
> class is used in several different subscriptions, so I need to fix that.
> I'll have to see if I can name the subscription separate from the class.
>
> Thanks.

Ah, that did it and now the broker is connecting.
Now I just need to get the messages to leave the broker.

Re: Channel was inactive for too long/Durable consumer is in use for client

Posted by "Thomas R. Corbin" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the URI you're using in the embedded broker to connect to the
> remote broker?
>
> Just the Async/Durable consumer in use error show above, but I'm including the
> full thing.

This error is telling you that there's already an active durable
consumer using that client id and subscription name. ActiveMQ doesn't
allow this because the client id should be unique.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Channel was inactive for too long/Durable consumer is in use for client

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Thomas R. Corbin
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using 5.1.0 with durable topics and durable messages.  I'm using the derby
> persistence and have removed all the derby persistence stores just prior to
> starting my processes.
>
> I'm assuming I've got something configured poorly, I just don't know what.
>
> When I run one server process with an embedded broker and it tries to connect
> to my central office broker, I get the following from the server process....
>
> ==================
> org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive for
> too long: oms9/127.0.0.2:61616
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMonitor.java:225)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(TransportFilter.java:83)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNegotiator.java:100)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
> com.coned.damage.assign.ReceivedDamageAssignmentConsumer
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicRegion.addConsumer(TopicRegion.java:75)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConsumer(RegionBroker.java:383)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(BrokerFilter.java:85)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConsumer(AdvisoryBroker.java:83)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConsumer(BrokerFilter.java:85)

What is the URI you're using in the embedded broker to connect to the
remote broker?

Also, are there any errors or exceptions in the data/activemq.log file?

Bruce
);'