Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Darren Hague <dh...@fortybeans.com> on 2008/12/02 14:08:01 UTC

[VOTE] [RESULT] Accept ESME into the Apache Incubator

As there have been 8 positive votes with no negative votes, I would like
to declare the vote PASSED.

Votes were received from the following people:
* Bertrand Delacretaz
* Craig L Russell
  Daniel Kulp
* Davanum Srinivas
* Ian Holsman
* J Aaron Farr
* Robert Burrell Donkin
* Sylvain Wallez

Those marked with * are binding votes - please correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards,
Darren Hague

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Accept ESME into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 03 December 2008 10:30:39 am Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> As PMC chair, you should have the karma to update this information
> yourself.

Yea, but "policy" kind of states that only the PMC chair of the project should
be updating their parts unless the PMC chair is busy/missing.  I had sent a
note to Noel a couple weeks ago to remind him, but with holidays and such, I
didn't really expect to hear much.  Basically, I want to give him a chance to
not be "missing" before I overstepped the policy and did that.

That said, I agree with Robert and that for the Incubator, it's probably good
to have a few people helping Noel out.   The Incubator is huge.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Accept ESME into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 02 December 2008 6:17:18 pm David Crossley wrote:
> Darren Hague wrote:
> > As there have been 8 positive votes with no negative votes, I would like
> > to declare the vote PASSED.
> >
> > Votes were received from the following people:
> > * Bertrand Delacretaz
> > * Craig L Russell
> >  Daniel Kulp
> > * Davanum Srinivas
> > * Ian Holsman
> > * J Aaron Farr
> > * Robert Burrell Donkin
> > * Sylvain Wallez
> >
> > Those marked with * are binding votes - please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> I have not checked.
>
> You asked earlier how to find out who is on Incubator PMC
> and hence binding votes:
> http://people.apache.org/~jim/projects.html#incubator-pmc

Except Noel has been very bad lately about updating the committe-info that is
used to generate this list.   For example, I SHOULD be listed (and thus my
vote binding) since the board did Ack the request to add me, but I've not yet
been added.   Kind of particularly bad now that I'm a mentor on two podlings,
but according to that page, my mentor vote wouldn't even be binding.  :-(

Dan

> We should add that to the Incubator process docs.
>
> -David

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Accept ESME into the Apache Incubator

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Howlett <da...@gmail.com>.
Great stuff everyone (apologies for being so slow on this - been
heavily distracted)

D -:)

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Darren Hague wrote:
>>> As there have been 8 positive votes with no negative votes, I would like
>>> to declare the vote PASSED....
>
>> ...The next steps are listed here:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Acceptance
>> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+By+Incubator
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html
>>
>> I have done the first step for you,
>> i.e. added to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule..
>
> Thanks David!
> I'll go on with the podling setup as per
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#bootstrap
>
> -Bertrand

This message is: private and confidential [ ] bloggable with prior
permisssion [ ] bloggable without permission [ ]
Dennis Howlett
t: +34 953 708 636 (int'll)
m: +34 607 482 739 (int'l)
skype: dahowlett

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Accept ESME into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Darren Hague wrote:
> As there have been 8 positive votes with no negative votes, I would like
> to declare the vote PASSED.
>
> Votes were received from the following people:
> * Bertrand Delacretaz
> * Craig L Russell
>  Daniel Kulp
> * Davanum Srinivas
> * Ian Holsman
> * J Aaron Farr
> * Robert Burrell Donkin
> * Sylvain Wallez
>
> Those marked with * are binding votes - please correct me if I am wrong.

Plus Daniel Kulp.

So welcome to ESME.

The next steps are listed here:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Acceptance
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+By+Incubator
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html

I have done the first step for you,
i.e. added to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
As you are entering very close to report time,
i made your first report in January. However if
you want to report in December then add yourself
to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2008

-David