Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lübbe Onken <L....@rac.de> on 2003/08/19 09:44:24 UTC

Subversion 0.27

Hi Folks,

two things are confusing me:
1) I upgraded my Sources to rev 6707, as this is the revision mentioned in
the release mail. The compiled version however still says it's subversion
0.26?!? I even ran a 'make clean'. Who's wrong here?

2) I cannot compile with ssl on win32. I run "gen-make.py
--with-openssl=..\openssl --with-zlib=..\zlib -t vcproj"
openssl is the gnu openssl-0.9.7b-lib.zip from sourceforge extracted into
..\openssl. It hopefully contains all I need to compile svn

When I try to (re)build neon, I get the following error:
nmake /f neon.mak CLEAN ALL EXPAT_FLAGS="/I ../apr-util/xml/expat/lib /D
HAVE_EXPAT /D HAVE_EXPAT_H"
D:\Source\SVN\SubVersion\neon\Release\ne_207.obj could not be found
... and about 20 more of these "could not be found" messages, before the
final
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: 'D:\Source\SVN\openssl\out32dll\libeay32.lib'
could not be created
Stop.

I've seen a previous posting with the same problem, but no solution.
Building without ssl on win32 is no problem, neither is building with ssl
under linux.
Can anybody help me?

Cheers
- Lübbe

Re: Subversion 0.27

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Lübbe Onken <L....@rac.de> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> two things are confusing me:
> 1) I upgraded my Sources to rev 6707, as this is the revision mentioned in
> the release mail. The compiled version however still says it's subversion
> 0.26?!? I even ran a 'make clean'. Who's wrong here?

To truly be building 0.27, you should have 'svn switched' your sources
to "http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/0.27.0".  You'd get the
"0.27.0 (dev)" in your version, then.

> 2) I cannot compile with ssl on win32. I run "gen-make.py
> --with-openssl=..\openssl --with-zlib=..\zlib -t vcproj"
> openssl is the gnu openssl-0.9.7b-lib.zip from sourceforge extracted into
> ..\openssl. It hopefully contains all I need to compile svn

It's not enough to extract openssl -- you have to compile it.  See
INSTALL.W32 in that tree for how to do this (WARNING: it requires
Perl).  I did this for the first time myself last night.  Make sure
you build Neon clean, too.

Re: Subversion 0.27

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> The version number was bumped in 6711.  The revision number (6707)
> given in the CHANGES file is necessarily imprecise, because releases
> are always branched from trunk and have a few changes ported over to
> them (such as the bumping of the version number).

That is why this the better command to run:

	svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/0.27.0 subversion

since it does not rely on a revision number having any specific external meaning
(which they doesn't in practice).

John

p.s. Yes, I know Karl knows this; I'm just hammering the point home for the O.P.
as well as for the archive...

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group

Re: Subversion 0.27

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Lübbe Onken <L....@rac.de> writes:
> 1) I upgraded my Sources to rev 6707, as this is the revision mentioned in
> the release mail. The compiled version however still says it's subversion
> 0.26?!? I even ran a 'make clean'. Who's wrong here?

The version number was bumped in 6711.  The revision number (6707)
given in the CHANGES file is necessarily imprecise, because releases
are always branched from trunk and have a few changes ported over to
them (such as the bumping of the version number).

-Karl