Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/26 10:56:56 UTC

Fwd: Announce: MR3 0.8 released

I am pleased to announce the release of MR3 0.8. New features are:

-- Hive on MR3 on Yarn fully supports recovery:
https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/hivemr3/features/recovery/

-- Hive on MR3 on Yarn supports high availability in which multiple
HiveServer2 instances share a common DAGAppMaster (and a common pool of
ContainerWorkers):
https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/hivemr3/features/high-availability/

-- Hive on Kubernetes supports Apache Ranger and Timeline Server:
https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/hivek8s/guide/run-timeline/
https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/hivek8s/guide/run-ranger/

From the release notes:

A new DAGAppMaster properly recovers DAGs that have not been completed in
the previous DAGAppMaster.
Fault tolerance after fetch failures works much faster.
On Kubernetes, the shutdown handler of DAGAppMaster deletes all running
Pods.
On both Yarn and Kubernetes, MR3Client automatically connects to a new
DAGAppMaster after an initial DAGAppMaster is killed.
Hive 3 for MR3 supports high availability on Yarn via ZooKeeper.
On both Yarn and Kubernetes, multiple HiveServer2 instances can share a
common MR3 DAGAppMaster (and thus all its ContainerWorkers as well).
Hive on Kubernetes supports Apache Ranger.
Hive on Kubernetes supports Timeline Server.

You can download MR3 0.8 at:

  https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/download/home/

--- Sungwoo Park

Re: Announce: MR3 0.8 released

Posted by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com>.
https://youtu.be/1NB7GtI8NXM

 I have uploaded a video demonstrating Hive on Kubernetes using MR3.

--- Sungwoo

Re: Announce: MR3 0.8 released

Posted by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com>.