Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/10 14:43:50 UTC

[ANN] Apache FOP-PDF-Images 2.2 Released

The Apache XML Graphics team is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Apache FOP-PDF-Images Version 2.2 [1].

This package contains classes which add support using PDF images in

fo:external-graphic elements when you generate PDF files. This means you can
write something like:

<fo:external-graphic src="my-doc.pdf"/>

Apache FOP-PDF-Images is published under the Apache License v2.0.

This release fixes a number of bugs. In addition the following significant
functional enhancements are provided:

- Move to PDFBox 2

- Deduplicate PDF streams

- PDF to PS deduplication of images

- Remove xobj type=form

- Merge fonts (off by default)

- Support PDF shading to PS

- Merging of Tagged (Accessible) PDF

For release notes see [1]. Source and binary distributions can be downloaded
from an ASF Mirror at [2]. Further download information is available at [1].
Maven artifacts for this release are available at [3].

Note, that depending on which download mirror you use, it may take up to 24
hours to see the download images at [2].

[1] https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fop-pdf-images.html

[2] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop-pdf-images

[3]
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.xmlgrap
hics~fop-pdf-images~2.2~~

The Apache XML Graphics team.

Re: [ANN] Apache FOP-PDF-Images 2.2 Released

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Yes, I echo the others in thanking you Simon. Good job.

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Simon!

Posted by Chris <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Great work Simon. Thank you