Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jens Zastrow <za...@dai-lab.de> on 2002/04/11 17:58:08 UTC

strange Task with fork=true behavior

When having fork=true the java task simply tries to create a proccess
"java ..."  which will invoke
the java executable wich is in the PATH Env.

I have JDK 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 on my machine and 1.2 is in the path.
Ant itself is configured by the JAVA_HOME variable (which is good and
simple) but <java> does'nt care about.

The same Problem arises with Ant 1.4.1 and the <javac> Task, wich seems
to be fixed in 1.5alpha !

Jens Zastrow

Re: strange Task with fork=true behavior

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Jens Zastrow <za...@dai-lab.de> wrote:

> The same Problem arises with Ant 1.4.1 and the <javac> Task, wich
> seems to be fixed in 1.5alpha !

And it is not fixed for <java> in 1.5alpha?  Please try the latest
nightly.

Stefan