Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Weston M. Price" <we...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/11 10:15:06 UTC

Build Error

Hello,
	I am trying to compile the Geronimo source based upon the Readme.txt file and
I am getting the following error:

javac: source release 1.4 requires target release 1.4

I am using Maven v 1.0-beta-rc1-SNAPSHOT pulled from CVS. If someone could
point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. My system info is as
follows:

RedHat 9.0
Linux Kernel 2.4.20-8
JDK 1.4.1_04

Regards,

Weston

Re: Build Error

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <we...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry should have clarified further...

My JAVA_HOME variable points to the symlink....

Weston

Re: Build Error

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <we...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Build Error

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Currently Geronimo requires JDK 1.4 to be installed and your JAVA_HOME
to point to it. Could that be the problem?

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 09:15  am, Weston M. Price wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I am trying to compile the Geronimo source based upon the Readme.txt
> file and
> I am getting the following error:
>
> javac: source release 1.4 requires target release 1.4
>
> I am using Maven v 1.0-beta-rc1-SNAPSHOT pulled from CVS. If someone
> could
> point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. My system info
> is as
> follows:
>
> RedHat 9.0
> Linux Kernel 2.4.20-8