Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jinkui Shi <sh...@163.com> on 2017/04/01 03:39:29 UTC

Re: Machine Learning on Flink - Next steps

Hi, all

I prefer online learning than offline training.
Offline learning is the basic ability. I think ML in Flink, the more obvious advantage is streaming process.

One suggestion is that FLinkML can define some API to support tensor-flow, mxnet and other ps framework, like apache beam’s mode.

There will be more and more ml framework. We can’t support all of them, but can define the common API to adapter.

Maybe we can start to discuss how to implement such ml framework and its design doc and API design.

Best regards,
Jinkui Shi