Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Marko Bauhardt <mb...@datameer.com> on 2019/06/27 15:20:07 UTC

hive llap port 10500 connection refused

hi all,
we installed HDP 3.1 including autostart of hive server 2 and
hive interactive (llap).

I assume these services starts successfully, because

* I see two hive server processes running, using `ps x | grep java`
* netstat -punta gave me back the port number 10500 in state LISTEN
* the app master is in state running
* the 3 container are up and running
* the logs llap-daemon*.log, llap-daemon*.out does not have any error
  logs

When I connect the llap server directly on port 10500 via beeline, I can connect
without any error. After disconnect (ctrl+d) I execute `netstat -punta |
grep 10500`. The used port is in state TIME_AWAIT. Usually I would
expect to see this port two times, one `TIME_AWAIT` ond the another
`LISTEN`. But there is no additional entry.
(The non-llap hive server 2 behave like I expect.)

After some time the port is available again in state `LISTEN`. some
seconds later back to `TIME_AWAIT`. And then completely gone.

It feels like there is a `max connection allowed` property set
somewhere.

Any ideas or comments?
Do you need any log files?

thx
marko

--------
Marko Bauhardt
Software Engineer
www.datameer.com

Phone: +49 345 279 5030

Datameer GmbH
Magdeburger Str. 23, 06112 Halle (Saale), Germany
Amtsgericht Stendal, HRB: 10348, Geschäftsführer: Frank Henze