Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rajan chandi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/04 11:27:18 UTC

Debian Lenny + Apache Tomcat 5.5 + Solr 1.4

Hi All,

We've deployed 4 instances of Solr on a debian server.

It is taking only 1.5 GB of RAM on local ubuntu machine but it is taking 2.0
GB plus on Debian Lenny server.

Any ideas/pointers will help.

Regards
Rajan

Re: Debian Lenny + Apache Tomcat 5.5 + Solr 1.4

Posted by rajan chandi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Local Solr doesn't look like 64 bit.

rajan@rajan-desktop:~$ uname -a
Linux rajan-desktop 2.6.28-16-server #55-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 20 20:50:00 UTC
2009 i686 GNU/Linux

But the Xen Solr server does

rajan@rajan-desktop:~$ uname -a
Linux rajan-desktop 2.6.28-16-server #55-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 20 20:50:00 UTC
2009 i686 GNU/Linux

May be that is the reason why Server is taking more RAM.

Thanks all for your responses.

Regards
Rajan

Posted by rajan chandi <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rajan chandi <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com>.
What are the nature of the machines / VM run on ?  32-bit / 64-bit ?

Posted by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com>.