Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net> on 2001/12/20 01:37:59 UTC

Re: Problems executing Conn Pool example that comes with JSQLConnect

>Greetings,
>
>I'm currently evaluating the JSQLConnect Driver. I downloaded jndi1_2_1.zip
>from the sun site, followed the instructions and installed it in the
>following directory - C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext\jndi.jar; I also added this path
>to my classpath.
>
>My problem is that I get the following exception when I run
>ExampleConnectionPool.java from the command line.
>
>Error:init JNDI  javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate
>class: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory [Root exception is java.
>lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory]
>Error:Register Datasources  java.lang.NullPointerException
>JNDI Error:javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class:
>com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.C
>lassNotFoundException: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory]
>

>Any feedback will be very much appreciated.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Rudi

Do you have fscontext.jar (eg.
'com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory')? That's where
RefFSContextFactory class lives, which seems to be the root of your problem
based on your stacktrace.  As I recall you may also need providerutil.jar.