Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/02 19:22:21 UTC

Re: Extra Request Params sent in camel HTTP component(GET request)

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 7:20 PM, suman <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> Iam using camel http4 component and trying to set timeout.Given below is the
> URL.
>
> https4://server.com/api/close.json?appid=3&httpClient.soTimeout=10000&httpClient.connectionTimeout=10000
>
> It seems like the config parameters are also sent to end server.Is there any
> way to avoid sending these parameters as it looks confusing for people
> looking at application logs?

What version of Camel are you using? Have you tried upgraded to the
recent release. Its most likely fixed.

> Many Thanks

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Extra Request Params sent in camel HTTP component(GET request)

Posted by suman <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
You are right in that this issue is not there even in 2.8.2
I tested this with both 2.8.2 and 2.8.3.It seems to work fine in both
versions.I think i got confused with this line
DefaultComponent               DEBUG Creating endpoint
uri=[http4://host.com:14500/mockserver/event/1000693144.json?channel_id=3&httpClient.connectionTimeout=10000&httpClient.soTimeout=10000],
path=[host.com:14500/mockserver/event/1000693144.json],
parameters=[{channel_id=3, httpClient.connectionTimeout=10000,
httpClient.soTimeout=10000}]

and related this as the cause of error(where as there might have been a
genuine error at my servlet endpoint)

I think this seems to indicate that it is properly stripping the settings
parameters of GET request
HttpProducer                   DEBUG Executing http GET
method:http4://host.com:14500/mockserver/event/1000693144.json?channel_id=3

Apologies for confusion caused and many thanks for looking into it.

Re: Extra Request Params sent in camel HTTP component(GET request)

Posted by xverges <xv...@gmail.com>.
> It sounds as camel-http4 has a bug, as opposed
> to camel-http.
> Could you create a JIRA ticket?

Done.

Thanks!
-Xavier

Re: Extra Request Params sent in camel HTTP component(GET request)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:30 PM, xverges <xv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I have this route
>>
>>    from("jetty:http://0.0.0.0:8080/myapp/myservice")
>>
>> .to("http4://www.google.com/?q=camel&bridgeEndpoint=true&throwExceptionOnFailure=false");
>
> In case it helps: I accidentally used the component camel-http instead of
> camel-http4, and no extra parameters were being sent.

Thanks for reporting. It sounds as camel-http4 has a bug, as opposed
to camel-http.
Could you create a JIRA ticket?

> -Xavier

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by xverges <xv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by xverges <xv...@gmail.com>.
>Can you try to use Camel 2.8.3 ?
>I checked the code change log, I think Camel 2.8.2 should not has this
>kind of issue too.
>
>[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1210100&view=rev

I am using 2.8.3 and I am seeing the additional request parameters being
sent.

I have this route (as suggested in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5646557)

    from("jetty:http://0.0.0.0:8080/myapp/myservice")

.to("http4://www.google.com/?q=camel&bridgeEndpoint=true&throwExceptionOnFailure=false");

>From a browser, I go to http://localhost:8080/myapp/myservice and get a 404
page from google:
"The requested URL
/?bridgeEndpoint=true&q=camel&throwExceptionOnFailure=false was not found on
this server. That’s all we know."

The project is a brand new one, created with camel-archetype-java and only
adding the http4 and jetty dependencies and the route.

Disclaimer: I'm totally new to camel (and to spring, and to maven, and
to...). Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks for your time.
-Xavier

Re: Extra Request Params sent in camel HTTP component(GET request)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I did a wrong unit test few hours ago and I removed the JIRA
which I created today.
I just committed a new test case[1] into trunk which shows current camel
doesn't has this kind of issue.

On 12/4/11 5:19 PM, Willem Jiang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can reproduce the error. I just create a JIRA[1] for it.
>
> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4739
>
> On Sat Dec 3 02:47:17 2011, suman wrote:
>> Hello
>> Iam using v2.8.2.Do I need to upgrade any further?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: Extra Request Params sent in camel HTTP component(GET request)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I can reproduce the error. I just create a JIRA[1] for it.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4739

On Sat Dec  3 02:47:17 2011, suman wrote:
> Hello
> Iam using v2.8.2.Do I need to upgrade any further?
>
> Thanks

Willem

Posted by suman <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hello