Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Dave Thau <le...@learningsite.com> on 2003/06/23 16:41:19 UTC

[juddi-Users] Re: defining taxonomies

Thanks for the quick reply!

I like a client I'm writing to use the JAXR findConcepts() and
getDescendantConcepts() methods to navigate the taxonomy in the registry.

The basic story is I'm creating a registry for species information.  I'd
like people to register their data providers as containing things like
mammals, or if they're more specific, squirrels.  Say someone registers
their data provider as containing squirrels.  A web service looking for
mammals should be told about the squirrel site (but someone looking for
squirrels shouldn't know about all the mammal sites).

The taxonomy doesn't need to be well known (though that would be nice),
but the clients should be able to grab the taxonomy from the registry so
that they can automatically reflect the frequent changes to the taxonomy.

Can I create the whole taxonomy, parent/child relations and all, using
save_tModel?

Dave

Re: [juddi-Users] Re: defining taxonomies

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi,

i'm downloading the JWSDP currently so i can look at the UDDI messages
these calls are generating. if you don't mind can you tell me exactly
what you added to the file? are you running the tomcat that came with
the JWSDP? have you used the registry implementation that came with
JWSDP in addition to juddi? or are you using the public registry servers
at IBM, etc?

cheers,
andy

Posted by Dave Thau <le...@learningsite.com>.