Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Magne Nordtveit <ma...@offsim.no> on 2008/12/10 07:57:08 UTC

What version is my repository?

How can I check the version of my repository? Is there a simple command that
can do that?

I am in the process of migrating several of our repositories to 1.5.4 from
1.4.3, and need a way to verify/check the version number of the
repositories...

Cheers,
Magne
--
Magne Nordtveit <ma...@offsim.no>
Systems Engineer

Re: What version is my repository?

Posted by Magne Nordtveit <ma...@offsim.no>.
On Thursday 11 December 2008 00:38:39 omar_zakaria@agilent.com wrote:
> Hrm. If you have access to the repository itself, you could try:
>
> 'cat repostory.svn/db/format'
>
> Where 'repository.svn' is the actual directory containing the hooks, conf,
> etc. directories. That'll tell you which database version your repository
> is using: 2 means Subversion 1.4's format and 3 means Subversion 1.5's
> format. I'm assuming you just want a way to check which repository is using
> which db format, so this'll probably be good enough for what you're looking
> for; the release number (the third number in the version string) doesn't
> affect the database format at all.
>
> Hope that helps.
As long as I have a way of checking the version of the SVN repo/DB I'm happy.

Cheers!
Magne
--

Posted by om...@agilent.com.