Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2006/08/08 06:03:24 UTC

Re: svn commit: r429556 - in /perl/Apache-SizeLimit/trunk/t: apache/check_n_requests.t apache/check_n_requests2.t response/TestApache/check_n_requests.pm response/TestApache/check_n_requests2.pm

pgollucci@apache.org wrote:
> Author: pgollucci
> Date: Mon Aug  7 20:49:23 2006
> New Revision: 429556

> Log:
> o Round out the set_check_interval() testing.
> o Add tests to see that we *actually* kill the httpd child.
>
> Thanks to Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net>
> for the Apache-Test code to check the error_log file.
>
> Requires Apache::Test 1.29+
I realize this is "devish" but I wanted the larger audience for testing.

I'd appreciate a sanity check from other members of our community.  If it looks good, I think we can
roll 0.92-RC1 and then 0.92 RELEASE and save the mp1/mp2 split for 0.93.

If everyone's busy, I'll RM for it(or is Dave R. designated ?)

Also, while we're at it, some feed back on the Apache-SizeLimit integration into the mp 1.x series would be great.
As seen:
	through

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>>> I realize this is "devish" but I wanted the larger audience for testing.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate a sanity check from other members of our community.
>>> If it looks good, I think we can
>>> roll 0.92-RC1 and then 0.92 RELEASE and save the mp1/mp2 split for 0.93.
>>

>> sounds reasonable - the API is currently broken, right?
>
> I was not aware of anything thats broken currently.

david's report on 'Can't call method  "child_terminate" on an undefined
value' has been fixed in svn, right?

other than wanting to fix this single issue, I can't see why we'd push
another release out before we've had the chance to do any other
development work.

--Geoff

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>> I realize this is "devish" but I wanted the larger audience for testing.
>>
>> I'd appreciate a sanity check from other members of our community.  If it looks good, I think we can
>> roll 0.92-RC1 and then 0.92 RELEASE and save the mp1/mp2 split for 0.93.
>
> sounds reasonable - the API is currently broken, right?
I was not aware of anything thats broken currently.

> the changes you outlined in your other mail seem reasonable, namely
> pulling out common code to a common lib and making the handlers target
> specific.  I'm actually liking this idea more and more, as distributing
> Apache::SL and Apache2::SL in the same package solves a lot of the
> Makefile tricks we'd need to come up with while not requiring changes by
> folks already migrated to mp2.
Ditto.

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
    __  ___     ___ ____  __
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/
        <___/

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> I realize this is "devish" but I wanted the larger audience for testing.
>
> I'd appreciate a sanity check from other members of our community.  If it looks good, I think we can
> roll 0.92-RC1 and then 0.92 RELEASE and save the mp1/mp2 split for 0.93.

sounds reasonable - the API is currently broken, right?

> If everyone's busy, I'll RM for it(or is Dave R. designated ?)

I think anyone who has the tuits and inclination can take care of it.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.