Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com> on 2012/04/04 09:11:39 UTC

[OT] 360 Flex - Time to schedule out the Discovery Room - (was: [OT] 360 Flex Denver 2012 - Apache Flex Discovery Room)

360Flex is going to be donating a room for us to use as the Apache Flex Discovery Room. [1]

In addition to hosting the "Meet the Apache Flex Team" Birds of a Feather on Tuesday night, the room should be our HQ during 360Flex.

That being said, it's now time to:

1. Plan what we'll be doing in there. Justin had suggest doing some short talks or open discussions which I agree would be a good idea. So now we just need to figure out who, what, and when.
2. Figure out who will be manning the room from Apache Flex. We need at least one room helper and one room mentor per time slot. (See the time slots below)

So far I know the following people have expressed interest in helping:

- Nicholas Kwiatkowski
- Jonathan Campos
- Justin Mclean
- Alex Harui (At least during the BOF on Tuesday night)
- Myself
- Scott Sheridan
- Tiayr Cannon

Here are the time slots available (I've let Wilker know we're not interfering with keynotes, general sessions, or lunch):

Monday

- 10:50a - 12p - OPEN
- 1:20p - 2:30p - OPEN
- 2:40p - 3:50p - OPEN
- 4p - 5:10p - OPEN

Tuesday

- 10:50a - 12p - OPEN
- 1:20p - 2:30p - OPEN
- 2:40p - 3:50p - OPEN
- 4p - 5:10p - OPEN
- Evening - Meet the Apache Flex Team BOF

Wednesday

- 10:10a - 11:20a - OPEN
- 12:20p - 1:30p - OPEN

Please respond to this thread with:

1. Interest in being a (helper and/or mentor)
2. The time slot you will be manning the room
3. If you want to do a short talk and/or open discussion the title and time slot for it.

I'll be monitoring this thread, first come, first served, and I'll post an official schedule when we've gotten everything figured out.

Thanks!

[1] http://www.360flex.com/blog/2012/03/360flex-2012-quash-some-flex-bugs/

Re: [OT] 360 Flex - Time to schedule out the Discovery Room - (was: [OT] 360 Flex Denver 2012 - Apache Flex Discovery Room)

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Apr 4, 2012, at 6:32 PM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Hate to not take a dedicated slot right now... you can put me in as a
> floater.  I'll probably spend most of the time in there (assuming
> he doesn't have us in some far-off room).
>
> -Nick

10-4. thanks.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Posted by Kevin Korngut <ke...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
Hey Jun,

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: [OT] 360 Flex - Time to schedule out the Discovery Room -

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
On 4/4/2012 7:51 PM, Jun Heider wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2012, at 5:24 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> And when "floater" was first mentioned I instantly thought of this:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater
>>
>> Anyone organising drink and snacks in the room? Always helps to get people in.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
> Hah, nice. Didn't know about that. Drinks and snacks, good idea, I can ask around, but if anyone on this ML wants to help let us know.

  Before committing to buying drinks and snacks and stuff; run it by
John / 360|Conferences.  I know their are weird restrictions about food
and what they can do.  Since 360|Flex is providing the room (which I
presume will be a conference room and not a hotel room); they may be in
violation of some contractual issue if they bring in "outside" snacks.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
That looks delicious.  Can I get one in kosher?

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 1. Plan what we'll be doing in there. Justin had suggest doing some short talks or open discussions which I agree would be a good idea. So now we just need to figure out who, what, and when.

I'm happy to do a short talk on compiling your own SDK with Flex builder.

Other talk ideas:
-Talk about the Apache process and Apache way
-Open discussion. Now that the compiler has been donated what can we improve?
-Open discussion. How can the community contribute. What are low hanging fruit exists that we can do something about now?
-Testing your code. Apache + Flex Unit + Mockolate (Perhaps Mike and/or Drew can respectively talk about this) + perhaps the OS SDK smoke tests?

Personally I'd love to see something about Mustella ie What can we expect and when we will get it? :-)

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Apr 4, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'll be "floating" about as well. I'll take a closer look at the schedule and see which of the time slots work for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Sounds good, thanks!

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Brent Arnold <br...@brentarnold.com>.
So we just look for the guy with no pants? :-P

Brent

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>I will hang out there as much as I can as well, but I don't think I make as good a flotation device as Mike. :-)

Wait. What are you trying to say?

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Jonathan Campos wrote:

> Sorry, thought I was assumed to be there. Except for speaking and heckling
> I will be there.
> On Apr 4, 2012 12:40 PM, "Jun Heider" <ju...@realeyes.com> wrote:
>
>>> Anyone on here want
>> to commit to some time slots and/or talks? Justin? Jon?

Thanks Jon. See you there!

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Roland Zwaga wrote:

> me and Christophe Herreman will probably hang out in the Apache Flex room
> as well, so if you need more floatation devices, sign us up ;)
>
> cheers,
>
> Roland

Thanks Roland, I'll add you two to the floater list.  Anyone on here want to commit to some time slots and/or talks? Justin? Jon?

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

--
regards,
Roland