Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/18 23:52:27 UTC

Jetty/Tomcat plugin build failed with persistence.xml

in my EJB module, I have created a persistence.xml as below:
<persistence-unit name="CallingCardUsersUnit"	transaction-type="JTA">
		<description>CallingCardUserJPA</description>

		<jta-data-source>callingcard_users</jta-data-source>
		<class>com.mycom.services.svc.model.entity.users.User</class>
		<class>com.mycom.services.xvc.model.entity.users.UserRole</class>
		<properties>
			<property name="openjpa.log" value="SQL=TRACE" />
		</properties>
	</persistence-unit>
</persistence>

When I build my project using maven2 (i.e. mvn clean install), all build
succeeded except when it builds jetty/tomcat plugin with the following
error:

How can I setup jetty/tomcat plugin plan.xml with a persistence unit that I
defined in persistence.xml?

Please help.

-B

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not resolve reference
at deploy time for query
?name=persistence/CallingCardUsersUnit#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.
No GBeans found.
	at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceContextRefBuilder.checkForGBean(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:205)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceContextRefBuilder.buildNaming(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:119)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.addEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:321)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbDeploymentBuilder.buildEnc(EjbDeploymentBuilder.java:286)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.addGBeans(EjbModuleBuilder.java:764)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: Jetty/Tomcat plugin build failed with persistence.xml

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I found my dump mistake. I actually put persistence.xml in
src/main/java/resources. It should be in src/main/resources. So maven does
not complains when it build tomcat plugin.

Thanks

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.
David,

I put it the file persistence.xml in
${EJB_PROJECT_HOME}/src/resources/META-INF/

Should I put it under tomcat/jetty tomcat?

-B

-----

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.