Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Niklaus Giger <ni...@member.fsf.org> on 2012/05/01 22:07:28 UTC

Enable building jekyll and rdoc under more rubies

Hi

I got frustrated that usinge jruby there were a lot of rake target not working
in my buildr checkout.

Therefore I invested some time to fix the problem. Please look at my patch
under https://github.com/apache/buildr/pull/5

Also I did set up some CI builds on my jenkins, where you can see the results
without my patch under http://ngiger.dyndns.org/jenkins/job/buildr-matrix/
and from my fork under http://ngiger.dyndns.org/jenkins/job/buildr-matrix-
ngiger/

The RSpec results are not too bad. Usually just 3 or 4 failures of over 2200
examples, e.g. http://ngiger.dyndns.org/jenkins/job/buildr-matrix-
ngiger/Rake_Target=spec,rubies=ruby-1.9.2-p320/ws/_reports/specs.html

The Jenkins build for buildr.apache.org at https://builds.apache.org/ seem a
bit outdated, and I think a matrix based build as in my example is quite nice
to read and could be an inspiration to update the buildr at
https://builds.apache.org/

My Matrix build misses tests on different platforms, mainly because I don't
have enough CPUs/RAM to run the tests also under Windows and MacOSX.

Regards

Niklaus

Re: Enable building jekyll and rdoc under more rubies

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Alex Boisvert is the PMC of Buildr.

Yes, you need committer rights to access the build machines - so working on those means you need to be voted a committer first.
They are not easy to work with or maintain mainly because they were not much used for ruby builds in the path.
RVM changed that partly, but it's still hard to maintain the different combinations.

Thanks,

Antoine

Posted by Niklaus Giger <ni...@member.fsf.org>.
Hi Antoine