Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by duffer <du...@usa.net> on 2002/04/09 19:07:23 UTC

httpd.conf question

I am trying to understand the httpd.conf file.  I been studying it and
watching this list to learn more about it.
I have gathered some of the information I need from here, but I have a
question,  If i wanted to place the following in the httpd.conf file, is
there a specific place it needs to be or can it go anywhere.  In other words
is their a specific order that apache needs to load the various information?

<Files *.pl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options +ExecCGI
</Files>

Thanks,
   Tom

Re: httpd.conf question

Posted by Bill Lyles <jf...@adelphia.net>.
Hi

You don't need to add that whole set just look for this line

# To use CGI scripts:
    #
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

and just add .pl onto it like this

# To use CGI scripts:
    #
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
and your all set, the this statement tells apache that you are using the cgi
script with these extentions.

and yes apache does do things in a certain order
just look at how the directives are placed, and each comment above the
header will tell you what goes there and how.

Bill Lyles