Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Poggenpohl, Daniel" <Da...@isst.fraunhofer.de> on 2015/09/10 17:16:17 UTC

Tapestry and ETags

Hello everyone,

we're fighting a caching problem here using Tapestry 5.3.8. I know that 5.4 will code urls with hashes so that you get the newest resource every time.

With 5.3.8, I am supposed to change versions or something like it. But I'd rather just serve resources with ETags and cache-control to check if new versions should be requested and are present.

How do we do that?
We're using the combination of Apache Webserver and Tomcat.

We tried configuring the Expire module of both Tomcat and Apache and configure the Apache ETags. The static resources directly accessed in the context (context/css/*.css) have ETags, but page requests serve files from assets/ctx/... which do NOT have ETags or expire headers set.

What can we do?

Regards,
Daniel P.