Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Paap, Keith" <Ke...@westgroup.com> on 2001/09/20 22:57:07 UTC

indexed attribute on TextTag not in tld

I'm trying to use the 'indexed' attribute on the html:text tag and I receive
the following error:

Parse Error in JSP page: The attribute 'indexed' for custom tag 'text' on
line '46' of page '/jsp/map/setup/updateObjectives.jsp' is not declared as
an attribute for this tag, perhaps it should be added to the TLD.

I'm using Struts 1.0 and had downloaded the binaries rather than attempting
to go through the work of building from the source.  The indexed attribute
does show as a valid attribute the API documentation but the error is
correct, it is not in the tld.  Does the 1.0 version not include that
attribute?

I did find the source at http://husted.com/about/struts/indexed-tags.htm
that involves this change.  Is my only chance of using the indexed property
mean I need to go get the source for 1.0 and then apply those changes and
rebuild?  I have not done a build of the Struts source so any direction
someone could provide would be most appreciated.  I also have not yet gone
through the work of getting familiar with ant.

TIA,

Keith Paap