Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by "Murphy, Eric" <er...@pfc.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca> on 2004/06/11 19:48:25 UTC

Xpath questions

Fellow Beans Users -

Recently there was a thread discussing using XmlBeans xpath with more
complex queries.

Nn suggested that XmlBeans would look for Jaxen in the class path to help
with Xpath. I have jaxen-1.1-beta-2.jar in my class path as well as
xqrl.jar.  Niether seems to be picked up when XmlBeans is trying to execute
Xmldoc.selectPath(query) and I get the message we are all so familiar with:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This operation requires xqrl.jar

Nn also suggested that there is an Apache version of XmlBeans.

"In the apache version of the XMLBeans, this engine is Jaxen."

If I downloaded the xbean.jar from the XmlBeans site isn't this the 'Apache
XmlBeans'?  Is there another version of XmlBeans I am unaware of.

Eric Murphy
Software Developer (NFIS)

erimurph@pfc.forestry.ca
tel/tél: 250-363-6038